Exceeding Customer Expectations
At Hamilton Kent, exceeding customer expectations is what motivates us every day. Our products make infrastructure more watertight, durable and sustainable. And, that often adds up to a lower lifecycle cost. We are committed to providing the highest quality elastomer products and services to our customers through continuous improvements, innovation and respect for the environment.
With ISO 9001:2015 certified locations in Toronto, Ontario, and Winchester, Tennessee, HK is a multinational manufacturer and distributor of resilient-rubber, watertight, sealing systems and components. Focusing primarily on seals for infrastructure pipe systems, we provide a complete package – from design and development, through production and testing, to warehousing and shipping.
What we Offer
For pipe producers: An extensive line of gaskets, including pre-lubricated, O-ring, profile, bell, saddle and valley gaskets. We also provide butyl sealants, lubricants, adhesives, pipe plugs and more.
For box culvert producers: Pre-lubricated gaskets, adhesive and butyl sealant.
For manhole producers: Pre-lubricated and profile gaskets, and a broad selection of pipe-to-structure connectors for both cast-in or cored-hole applications.
For civil engineering applications: A variety of expansion joint seals and bearing pads for bridges, pavement and parking structures.
Our Production Processes
- Compression Molding
- Extrusion (single and dual durometer)
- Injection Molding
HK is committed to providing products satisfying customer needs and all applicable requirements through product innovation and the effective implementation of our quality management system. We strive to continually improve our quality management system through operational excellence. The proof of Hamilton Kent’s commitment to quality lies in the numerous approvals that we have received from both national and international organizations, such as ASTM, CSA, UL, NSF, BS, DOT and AWWA.
Corporate Environmental Policy
The environment is where we live and where we operate our manufacturing facilities. As part of our commitment to excellence, we must integrate environmental protection, public acceptability, and economic sustainability into all aspects of our operations.
We are committed to:
- Fulfill our compliance obligations as a minimum standard
- Provide environmental protection based on best practices appropriate to our industry
- Integrate pollution prevention, waste reduction, and resource conservation targets
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve our environmental management system (EMS)
- Measure the effectiveness of our EMS and regularly evaluate physical conditions
- Show continuous improvement in compliance to our environmental standards and our overall environmental performance
- Communicate proactively with the public and interested stakeholders on environmental issues
- Maintain and preserve the environment in which we live
- 1943 Founded in Kent, Ohio, molding rubber parts for the war effort
- 1946 Developed initial design for rubber gaskets for concrete pipe
- 1957 Canadian manufacturing plant opened (Cooksville)
- 1981 Canadian manufacturing transferred to new plant (Toronto)
- 1985 HK split into two separate companies HK-USA and HK-Canada
- 1987 HK-Canada began development of pre-lubricated gasket for single-offset jointed concrete pipe
- 1990 Pre-lubricated gasket product introduced into Canadian market as Tylox® SuperSeal™
- 1993 Tylox® SuperSeal™ introduced into U.S. market
- 1994 HK-USA liquidated
- 1998 Toronto plant expanded
- 2001 Acquired assets of NC Rubber Products, Kitchener, Ontario
- 2004 Toronto plant becomes ISO 9001 certified
- 2006 HK-Canada forms HK LLC, a U.S.-based company, which then acquires boot connector assets of International Precast Supply
- 2007 Opened manufacturing facility in Winchester, Tennessee
- 2008 Boot manufacturing transferred to Winchester plant
- 2018 Both HK plants received ISO 9001:2015 certifications
- 2019 Opened distribution center in Omaha