With couplings that span an enormous range of sizes for a myriad of uses, it’s a good bet that we have the optimal Straub solution for your industrial projects. Whether for hydroelectric transmission lines, fire-sensitive marine pipelines, in the mining, food and pharmaceutical industrial, there’s a Straub coupling that will make a solid, long-lasting connection.
Humans have harnessed the energy of river currents for centuries, and with the development of electricity, the world’s first hydroelectric power plants were developed in the late 19th century. Since then, hydropower has grown to provide 16 percent of the world’s electricity. Penstock pipes or channels that carry water from the reservoir to the hydroelectric turbine play a vital role in a power station. Straub Flex couplings for these large diameter lines are ideal for making secure connections and repairs from pipelines made from all types of materials.
- Rugged, reliable couplings for large diameter water transmission lines
- Ideal for pipeline repairs
- Couplings suitable for materials such as steel pipe, fiberglass; HDPE Smooth Wall (with stiffening rings)
- Flex couplings work with low- and high-pressure settings
- Reliable connections for hydroelectric transmission lines
- Wide range of flexible couplings
In the marine and shipbuilding industry, fire safety is of the primary importance to protect the lives of passengers and crew. Straub Fire Fence couplings have been tested and certified for use in these settings and can be fitted in fire-risk or confined spaces without special equipment or permits.
- Straub FF (Fire Fence) couplings are made for use wherever fire protection is required by law
- Protects areas that are sensitive to fire, like boiler rooms.
- Protecting critical connections in waterlines
- Flexible and Grip couplings available for a variety of applications
- Ideal for pipeline repair; compact design for use in confined spaces
- Couplings available for high-pressure systems
In the mining industry, air lines are critical for transferring breathable air from the surface into the mine shaft, while water lines are needed to transport critical water supplies deep into the mines. A wide range of Straub couplings are available to secure connections and make repairs.
- Couplings available for air lines that transfer surface air into mine shafts
- Couplings for water lines enable water to be brought deep into the mine
- Many types of flexible and restrained grip couplings available for making critical connections and repairs
- No fire watch or welding required for installation
- Couplings for most materials, including steel pipe, fiberglass, HDPE Smooth Wall (with stiffening rings)