O-ring gasketed pipe being lowered into the trench
Sanitary & Wastewater Treatment
Municipalities across North America are replacing aging combined sewers with massive new systems that separate wastewater and stormwater, dramatically reducing wastewater treatment load and protecting the environment. These systems must be watertight to meet modern environmental specs and standards. And that’s where we enter the picture.
Gaskets and Connectors
Hamilton Kent’s watertight gaskets and connectors are designed to meet the highest environmental specifications. Our durable, flexible rubber connectors are a big leap forward from the mortar-based connections that add to construction time in the field and are prone to cracking and leaking.
- Available in standard and oil-resistant versions
- Meet all industry material and testing requirements
- Gaskets provide assurance of watertightness of at least 13 PSI (90 kPa)
- Gaskets are available for round and non-round pipe, as well as manholes and box culverts
- A broad variety of connector styles are available for virtually any need
- Connectors save time and money at the jobsite
- Connectors give flexibility to accommodate differential loading and settlement
A wide selection of both restraint couplings and flexible couplings can be used for potable water connections, all types of repairs, and small to large pipes both above-ground and underground. Site-servicing pipelines feed water from the municipal services line into facilities such as commercial developments, warehouses, factories or institutions. Pipelines are constructed from a variety of materials, and Straub couplings make a perfect connection, specially designed for the specific pipeline material. Tough, resilient and long-lasting, Straub couplings make critical connections in chambers, which are often located at the lot line of commercial and industrial building and at the perimeter of public facilities.
- Couplings come with EPDM NSF gaskets for use in both potable and non-potable water applications
- Wide range of repair couplings available for all types of pipeline repairs
- Flex and Grip couplings available for all municipal applications, above-ground and underground
- Valve chamber couplings are rated for both inside and outside service
- Couplings for ductile iron; PVC; HDPE smooth wall (with stiffening rings); Fiberglass; high pressure concrete pipe
- Approved for coupling all types of underground piping
- Couplings for ductile Iron, PVC; HDPE smooth wall (with stiffening rings); Fiberglass; stainless steel
- Chamber work:
- Couplings available for valve chambers in the roadway and bypass chambers
- Couplings for ductile iron; PVC; Fiberglass; stainless steel; high-pressure concrete pipe