Fabrication and Molding
JOB TITLE: Molding and Gasket Fabrication
LOCATION: Winchester, TN
Training will be provided accordingly
Splicing is the production process utilizing heated molds to join the ends of pre-cut rubber strips to form circular gaskets.
- Make sure working area is safe & clean before starting work
- Operate equipment and machinery for production of gaskets or connectors
- Visually inspect finished products for cracks at splice, nibs, lumps, pinholes, and other defects
- Pack finished products into boxes
- Verify the proper number of pieces are put into each box or crate
- Document and record all required information
- Perform other duties as required by supervision to meet production requirements.
- Must be able to meet and maintain company quality and production requirements
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High school diploma is preferred
- Read write and speak basic English
- Must be able to use or can be trained on various types of equipment related to our gasket manufacturing process
- Interacts daily with Shift Supervisor, Lead Hand and Q.A. Inspector
- Occasional interaction with Production Manager, Health & Safety Manager, Plant Manager and other departments as required
- Incumbent spends almost 100% of his/her time in the plant environment requiring varying degrees of light physical labour. Lifting, pulling (less than 30 lbs.), standing and walking for much of the work. Personal safety is affected by exposure to heat, and the use of equipment.
- Incumbent understands, respects and adheres to the workplace Health & Safety rules & regulations which are derived from the Occupational Health & Safety Act