FABRICATION OPERATOR – Splicer/Dipper
JOB TITLE: FABRICATION OPERATOR – Splicer/Dipper
LOCATION: HK – Toronto-Etobicoke
POSITIONS AVAILABLE:B SHIFT: 3PM – 11PM (Monday – Friday)
C SHIFT: 11PM – 7AM (Sunday – Thursday)
Training will be provided accordingly
Splicing is the production process utilizing heated moulds to join the ends of pre-cut rubber strips to form circular gaskets.
- Maintain working area is safe & clean before starting work
- Ensure mould temperature has reached its setting prior to splicing
- Perform tasks to prepare strip for splicing as required, e.g., dipping, sanding, heating, cleaning strip ends, etc.
- Verify rubber strip for straight cut and clean ends prior to splicing
- Load tape roll into tape machine and visually check quality
- Load gasket into press
- Insert splicing tape between the ends of gaskets (as required)
- Close mold; auto timer will open once cure time is up
- Remove gasket & remove flashing
- Visually inspect gasket for cracks at splice, nibs, lumps, pinholes, and other defects
- Inject silicone into gasket
- Break splice seal using pneumatic anvil
- Place the gasket on the silicone spreader & check for leaks
- Pack finished gaskets
- Verify the proper number of gaskets are put into each box
- Document and record all required information
- Perform other duties as required by supervision to meet production requirements.
- Must be able to meet and maintain company quality and production requirements
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High school diploma is preferred
- Read write and speak basic English
- Must be able to use or can be trained on various types of measuring tools related to our gasket manufacturing process.
Complexity and Judgement
- Encounters quality issues & machine faults which need to be reported to the Shift Supervisor
- Interacts daily with Shift Supervisor, Lead Hand and Q.A. Inspector
- Occasional interaction with Production Manager, Operational Excellence Team, Health & Safety Manager, Plant Manager and other departments as required
- Incumbent spends almost 100% of his/her time in the plant environment requiring varying degrees of light physical labour. Lifting, pulling (less than 15 lbs.), standing and walking is much of the work. Personal safety is affected by exposure to heat, and the use of light press equipment.
- Incumbent understands, respects and adheres to the workplace Health & Safety rules & regulations which are derived from the Occupational Health & Safety Act