Restraint Coupling Marine
Straub couplings are approved and listed by international agencies in the shipbuilding and marine industry. With more than 50 years of testing and continuous improvement, Straub restraint couplings absorb the axial forces from increasing internal pressure with an innovative mechanical frictional connection comprised of anchoring teeth. As the internal pressure increases, the teeth engage deeper into the pipe surface, creating the restraint connection.
Used for: Pull-out resistant couplings for use as a grip ring to join pipes from ¾” to 28” diameter (27mm to 711mm). Fire-resistant couplings are available for marine use wherever fire protection is required.Find a Rep Get in Touch
- Works with plain-end pipe connections
- No welding required, saving time and labor
- Minimal bolts compared with flanged connections, saving time and labor
- Universal connection for multiple types of pipe
- Prevents axial movement of the pipe
- Quick and easy installation
- Flexible connection compensates for misalignment and angular deflection
- Innovative progressive gripping system – the higher the pressure, the tighter the grip
- Available in sizes up to 28” (711mm) diameter. Larger sizes available upon request.